Our Net Positive targets
We aim to be Net Positive for carbon, water, resource use and social impacts by 2030.
These targets are very ambitious and will be challenging to achieve. They have a number of importance characteristics:
- They include Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions from our managed assets in the UK, Ireland and France and our social impacts
- The tenanted areas of our managed assets are included in these targets as are the embodied carbon impacts of our development programme
- The targets are being tackled in three 5-year phases starting in 2016 and ending on 31 December 2030.
- The first phase ends on 31 December 2020 and includes landlord controlled, operational impacts from our directly managed portfolio. This means we aim to be emitting at least 31,000 tonnes less C02e through our business activities by the end of 2020 than we did in 2015
- The targets are calculated on a proportionate ownership basis
- Achieving our environmental targets will require an element of offsetting. We minimise the requirement for offsetting by focusing on demand reduction through efficiencies.
- To count towards Net Positive our renewable power contracts in the UK must directly enable subsidy free additional clean power to be generated.