Net Positive - Our progress so far
We have made excellent progress against our Net Positive targets and are continuing to do more
Since launching our Net Positive targets in 2016 we have:
- Reduced carbon emissions by 62%. Our portfolio emitted approximately 18,000 tonnes CO2e less in 2019 than in 2015 even though it is larger.
- Increased our recycling rate from 69% to 78%, diverting 4000 tonnes of resources away from landfill and waste to energy
- Improved building water intensity by 29%, reducing landlord water demand by over 80,000M3
- Supported 100s of people with our employment and training, health and well-being and enterprise skills.
- Supported our tenants in reducing their environmental impacts through improved energy and resource efficiency standards for retail fit-outs
A summary of our progress to date is available here: Achieving Net Positive - June 2020 update