Hammerson Sustainability Report 2020 - Our Journey to Net Positive
We are pleased to be able to share our 2020 Positive Places Sustainability Report setting out our performance for the 12 months to 31 December 2020 and over the first 5 years of our journey to becoming Net Positive.
This year's report covers a very unusual year. Performance has been affected by the full and partial closure of our assets for extended periods. However we have continued to make progress against our long term targets and the robust systems we have in place have supported us in responding effectively to the challenges presented by Covid-19.
Our support for local communities has been particularly important given the challenges they have faced and the increased pressure on third sector organisations offering help. We are very pleased to have been able to work with long-term local and national partners in providing targeted help to those in need.
Key 2020 results
- Carbon emissions intensity: 26 kgCO2e/M2 common parts area (-35% year v. 2019)
- Energy intensity 142 kWh/M2 common parts area (-21% v. 2019)
- 2 additional PV arrays installed increasing capacity to 2.9 MWp
- 2,214 MWH onsite renewable electricity generation
- 92% electricity from REGO-backed renewable contracts
- £1.6m Community Investment reaching over 57,000 people local to our assets