Our Corporate Responsibility Data and Performance 2014
We are delighted to have achieved our key 5-year carbon reduction target a year early, having reduced carbon emissions from our like-for-like portfolio by 20% against the 2010 baseline.
Our performance to the end of 2014 shows:
- A further 9% reduction year on year in carbon emissions from our like-for-like UK shopping centre portfolio, contributing to a 19% reduction against our 2010 baseline. The improvements made across the portfolio have been critical to achieving our key target of 20% reduction against the 2010 baseline a year early.
- Carbon emissions intensity for the UK Shopping Centre portfolio improved again in 2014, falling from 106 to 96 tonnes co2e/m2 common parts areas.
- Estimated cost savings through energy efficiencies of £421,000
- Water consumption reductions across our French Shopping Centre Portfolio enabled us to achieve our targeted 12% reduction a year ahead of schedule
- Diversion of 90% of waste from landfill in 2014, saving £2,247,000 in landfill tax for our retail clients